Saturday, June 23, 2007

Yes, I Am A Lightworker.

Are you a Lightworker? I am. Some of you don't know me in this capacity. Many of you don't know that I work with Reiki---the healing energy of the Universe. I know one friend who taps into this energy even though he has never had any formal training with a Reiki Master. He does this intuitively. He is a powerful healer. We all have this same ability to heal ourselves and our planet.

I have taken 5 classes over the past 10 years to learn how to work with halograms of healing. This method isn't very well known. Alton Kamadon from Australia was the channel that this information came through before his death a few years ago. This is called the Melchizedek Method. Alton was originally affiliated with the Flower of Life material. I haven't actively practiced the Melchizedek Method in awhile.

I have several meditation CD's for Chakra Clearing that I like to use also. I participate in healing circles when I hear of one happening here in Hot Springs, Arkansas.

Another healing modality that I have used is EFT---Emotional Freedom Technique. You can find out information about EFT at the following website:

http://www.emofree.com/ .

I am mostly self-taught on using EFT through watching DVD's that I bought through the website and the free manual that you can find and download on the website.

Most of the healing work that I do is self-healing. I also will send healing energy to family and friends, at their request. I also send healing energy to Mother Earth on a regular basis during my meditations.

I am still learning about myself as a healer. Because of my own fears, I have been hesitant to share this part of myself with very many people. I am learning from my friends who are healers to be confident in my abilities.

When did I first label myself as a Lightworker? The first time was when I read an article written by my friend Slade. You will find that article at the following website:

http://sladeroberson.com/life-purpose/you-might-be-a-lightworker-if.html

Slade explains what it means to be a Lightworker so much better than I can. In his article, Slade mentions Doreen Virtue's book The Lightworker's Way. In his article, Slade gives Doreen's definition of a Lightworker as "those who volunteered before birth to help people and the planet heal from the effects of fear". Slade's article goes on to list the characteristics of a Lightworker. He also discusses that this calling to be a Lightworker involves a committment to "step out of your own shadow and begin to live your life with a selfless, spiritual agenda . . ."

Stepping out of my own shadow of fear is what I hope to do with this newsletter. I hope that by sharing where I have been and my journey out of the pain will help others to do the same. You are not alone.

Slade is a great writer, so go to the above site and check out the rest of what he wrote that convinced me to admit to being a Lightworker.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patricia,

Your site is looking great - thank you for the information about healing, I am going to go and check that out.

As a yoga teacher, I have been wondering about expanding into healing as well... it appears the Universe is nudging me that way.

So thank you for sharing these great resources.

Much joy,
KL

Patricia Singleton said...

KL, thank you and you are very welcome. Glad to be a nudge in the right direction. The Universe does that for us.

Anonymous said...

patricia, great post and great submit for the upcoming Carnival of Lighwork, I really enjoyed your posts and subscribed to your rss, I look forward to more. I think your post will be great for the Carnival, keep it up!

namaste,
Kris

Patricia Singleton said...

Kris, thanks, I was hoping to be accepted into your carnival on August 9.

Patricia Singleton said...

This article has been accepted into the Carnival of Lightwork found at http://www.beyondzen.org/2007/08/07/carnival-of-lightwork-august-9-2007-early-edition/ . Everybody be sure to check out all of the great articles there and also check out Beyond Zen as a blog. I am enjoying the articles that Kris has posted there.

Kara said...

Patricia,

Thanks, I think I needed to read this. After writing my blog for one year, I am *almost* ready to write this post.

I am wanting to come out of the psychic/intuitive closet, but have so many fears about it. Thank you for inspiring me!!

I want you to know how precious reading this was for me...

Kara

Patricia Singleton said...

Kara, thank you for letting me know how important reading this was for you. You are very welcome. I am glad that I could help.