Monday, January 3, 2011

A Year of New Beginnings, Conversations Magazine, January 6, 2011 Issue

The second issue of Conversations Magazine will come out on January 6, 2011.  The title of this issue is "A Year of New Beginnings!"  My friend Cyrus Webb is the Editor-In-Chief.  Cyrus is also the President of Shadow Play Entertainment.  With only two issues off of the presses, Conversations Magazine now has about 500 subscribers, with me being one of them.  What kind of magazine is this?  To use the words of the advertisement that I received in my email yesterday, Conversations Magazine is "the monthly magazine which gives you the best in the arts, books, fashion, health, food and entertainment."  I know with my friend Cyrus at its head, it will be a magazine that entertains as well as informs you about today's important topics.

The January 2011 issue has such topics as "Falling In Love With You," "A NEW BEGINNING:  Conversations' 2011 Book of the Year," "Two Young Ladies Team Up, Urging The World To 'Let's Stop Rape,' ", and "Author M. Beatryce Shaw:  Using Childhood Pain To Teach Lessons Of A Liftetime" just to name a few that I am looking forward to reading about when I receive my own issue in the mail. 

Of course, my personal favorite will be the article that I am featured in - "Using The Past To Brighten The Future."  I hope you will join Cyrus and I in reading all of the articles in this month's issue of Conversations Magazine which you can subscribe to at the following link: 

http://www.conversationsmag.com/

You can buy just the monthly issue or a yearly subsciption.  In December, I took out a yearly subscription.  At the request of family members, I wil,l sometime today, go and order several copies of the January issue too.

Here is an idea of a few of the topics that Cyrus and I discuss in "Using The Past To Brighten The Future."

We talked about how I use my blog Spiritual Journey Of A Lightworker  ( http://patriciasingleton.blogspot.com/ ) to reach out to and to talk with other incest survivors.  Cyrus asked me how that makes me feel to be able to touch the lives of other incest survivors?

We also talked about the issue that is making headlines across the United States almost daily right now.  That is the topic of bullying.

Another topic discussed is about the difference between being a victim and being a survivor.  Believe me when I tell you that those two positions are worlds apart. 

Those of just a few of the subjects that Cyrus and I discussed in the article "Using The Past To Brighten The Future."  You will have to get a copy of the January 6, 2011 issue of Conversations Magazine to read more of my story and those of all of the other wonderful people who contributed to this issue.
Have a glorious 2011.  This is such a glorious way for me to start this new year.  Thank you, Cyrus for coming into my life and helping me to expand to new horizons.  The link to order your own subscription to Conversations Magazine is as follows:

http://www.conversationsmag.com/
Patricia

4 comments:

Slade Roberson said...

Congratulations, Patricia, I'm really proud of you. And Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Patricia! Its wonderful to hear how you are able to reach more and help more folks with your amazing story of victory over these issues!

Happy new year!

Susan

Patricia Singleton said...

Slade, thank you. I am so excited and even proud of myself for taking these steps when they were presented to you.

Patricia Singleton said...

Susan, thank you. Reaching out to other survivors with my voice is what I have always wanted to do. Helping others by sharing my experiences is my way of bringing something good out of the tragedy of incest and child abuse.