Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My Stories Are A Point Of Reference

I got an email yesterday from a blogger friend, Deb Estep. I asked if I could share what she wrote to me. She said yes, so here it is.

"Hi Patricia,

This comment that you left at Andrea's blog is SO VERY HUGE to helping ME understand you, and every thing you write about on you blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have read about your being abused, and I will have to say that there have been moments when I have wondered .... IS Patricia stuck back there? PLEASE understand I've not thought that in a judgmental way, but one of concern for you.

I am wondering IF you might consider adding all these words to your ABOUT YOU page. I really think it is critical for a blog reader who might land on your blog, via a web search and then go check out your about page to learn more about you.

IT certainly was VERY critical information in helping me understand you... my friend. :)))))))

Love
Deb"




Here is what Deb wanted me to add to my About Me page:

"My stories are just a point of reference for who I am today. I don't go around identifying myself as all of my experiences. Before I started blogging, I had even stopped calling myself an Incest Survivor because that wasn't who I was any longer. I only do it now as a point of reference to offer what I have learned about myself because of the incest to others who might need the hope and the love that I have learned. We are all so much more than our experiences can define us as."




Thanks, Deb for your concern and for believing in me enough to reach out and tell me what you felt and thought. It says so much about the kind person that you are. I decided to share this in a post as well as put it in my About Me page. Deb has a blog of her own called Deb_Inside that you will find at http://deb_inside.typepad.com/ .



My comment that caused Deb to write her comment to me you will find at the blog of Andrea Hess in the comment section of her article called "What's Your Story" found at http://www.empoweredsoul.com/blog/?p=171 . You will find an informative discussion in the comments at the end of the article that is well worth reading too.



My friend, Slade Roberson wrote his own article from his thoughts from Andrea's article. You will find Slade's article at http://sladeroberson.com/manifesting/spinning-your-story.html . Slade's article is called "Spinning Your Story". Slade, thanks for the encouragement and support that you always give to me.

One of the best benefits of writing this blog has been the wonderful friends and readers that I have met through my writing.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

~Thank you Patricia~

You are a shining *star* to others who have been down the road you have.

It takes courage to write about your life in the way you do.
Your words are a *light* in the darkness.

xo xo
Deb

Patricia Singleton said...

Deb, if I am a shining star, you are right up there with me.

Life Reflection said...

Hi Patricia,

Read your story, thanks for sharing, it really takes courage. You are right, blame keeps you stuck. I'm glad you are moving on with life and doing great now.

Anonymous said...

Patricia,


It is so true that we are much more than what we experience. Slade's post made me think a lot about this topic again, I'll be posting about that soon.

Patricia Singleton said...

Vitor, I look forward to reading your article. It took me a lot of years to reach this point.

Patricia Singleton said...

Life Reflection, Thanks for your words. I checked out your blog and liked what I saw.

Anonymous said...

Very brave and forward looking, a guide to others. Keep it up.

Patricia Singleton said...

Alfa, thanks, your comment is much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Deb is so Awesome, I am so lucky to have become friends with her recently, she truly is the definition of Lightworker.

Patricia Singleton said...

Charles, yes, she is. I agree with your assessment wholeheartedly. Deb definitely lights up the world with her presents.

Shamelle said...

Nice of you to share it with us. I know a lot of people would be too shy or too self conscience about writing about it.

Sham
http://enhancelifethinktank.blogspot.com/

Patricia Singleton said...

Enhance Life, thanks for your comment. Shyness and lack of self-confidence won't stop the abuse for future generations of children. Someone has to have the courage to speak out for change to happen. Silence allows abuse to keep happening. Abuse breeds in silence.

Anonymous said...

Hey there Patricia! Just wanted to say that I saw your blog in the top ten spiritual blogs on the web, congratulations!

http://spiritualzen.com/community

Patricia Singleton said...

Albert, Wow!!! I am in shock. I have never even heard of this list before. I am honored. Congratulations to you too Albert for being #2 on the list. Do you know how I got to be #8?

Anonymous said...

I was curious about that too, and as far as I know, it's human voted and moderated ;)

So you know it's 100% reliable. There's no way to trick or game that system. That's how quality your blog is.

Patricia Singleton said...

Albert, I really appreciate your comment. Thanks. Have a glorious day.

Anonymous said...

Patricia:

Congratulations on making the list of top ten spiritual blogs! That's wonderful.

I see you're listed right up there with another favorite blogger of mine, Albert Foong, who became the first person I interviewed over at my blog.

Isn't it wonderful that we have a closely knit group of spiritually aware people?

I also admire your show of strength, courage and authencity in sharing your story, however dark it is, with the rest of the world. It's not an easy or even comfortable thing to do but boy, you could be helping millions of people who suffer in silence for fear of retribution.

You go girl!

Blessings forever.....

Patricia Singleton said...

Stephen, thank you. You also know what strength and courage are, learning to fly a plane with being deaf. You are a true inspiration yourself. As I was reading your comment, I heard "Out of the darkness comes the Light." Thanks. Albert is a favorite of mine also.