Wednesday, June 13, 2007

What "Ifs" Are Holding You Back?

What "ifs" are keeping you from fully living your life? If you are like me, there can be many "ifs".

If my husband will do so and so . . . .

If my friend will pick me up . . . .

If my dad had never touched me . . . .

If my mom had asked questions . . . .

If I wasn't so afraid . . . .

If I wasn't so tired . . . .

If the kids were better behaved . . . .

There are so many more that I could list. Are they important? Are they real? No. They are just excuses for not fully living my life. They are excuses to not move forward, excuses to stay stuck in the past. They allow me to stay stuck in the fear of the past or the fear of the future.

Whose fault is it? Mine. Who can make the necessary changes to let go and move forward? Me.

This is just one of the many realizations that I have gotten lately as I looked at why I was dissatisfied with where I am right now. I feel like I have awakened from a deep sleep. Part of this awakening has happened because of my renewed interest in writing.

Writing has always been a healing outlet for me. I have written since I was a teenager when I started writing a journal. Those first journals were written about just the everyday, ordinary happenings of my life. Back then, I never wrote about the subjects that I really needed to write about because I was afraid that someone would find my journals and read them. I didn't want anyone to know the real me, the wounded me.

Today, I write about the important stuff that really matters to me. I thank my readers for giving me that opportunity. I hope you stick around and grow with me.

Look out world. I am awake and aware.

5 comments:

Patricia Singleton said...

This article has been accepted in the All For Women Carnival #11 found at http://www.goworkoutmom.com/all-for-women-carnival-11 . Check out the articles that are written by a group of beautiful women.

Patricia Singleton said...

This article has been included in the Personal Development & Happiness Carnival: Issue 22 found at http://www.thenext45years.com/2007/12/personal-development-happiness-carnival_23.html
You will find some great articles that will expand your mind.

Patricia Singleton said...

This article has also been included in the Blog Carnival on Personal Power December 22, 2007 found at
http://pinkblocks.com/?p=70
If you have some extra time over the holidays, check out this great bunch of articles.

CG Walters said...

Glad you are awake and writing, Patricia. Thank you for sharing.
Many blessings to you and all you hold dear,
CG

Patricia Singleton said...

CG, the same blessings back to you.