Friday, September 17, 2010

September 2010 Blog Carnival Against Child Abuse: Inner Child Is Posted

Dan L. Hays, over at his blog Thoughts Along The Road to Healing, is hosting the September 2010 Blog Carnival Against Child Abuse:  Inner Child.  Not just one or two, but five of my recent posts from my Inner Child Letters Series are included in the Blog Carnival Against Child Abuse.  Dan says about this month's theme, "Welcome to the Inner Child edition of the Carnival Against Child Abuse.  We will honor our inner child, and share how that child has been such a vital part of our path to healing!"  Thanks Dan for hosting the Carnival this month.

Here is the link to Dan's blog post:  http://danlhays.wordpress.com/2010/09/17/september-2010-blog-carnival-against-child-abuse-inner-child/

I hope that you will join me in going and reading and commenting on all of the wonderful blog posts written about the healing of our inner children.  This isn't work for the lighthearted, to use an old cliche.  Why do it you might ask?  Healing the inner child, parenting your inner child is a big part of the healing that is needed to go from victim to survivor.  The inner child is that part of us who was abused, that stopped growing when we were abused.  The inner child is the part of us that still carries the pain, anger, shame and hurt of the child that was abused.
Patricia 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patricia - I was delighted to include your entries into the Blog this month! They will give others such great depth perception into inner child work. For me, and as you shared for you, it hasn't been about just saying "I have an inner child" and going to lunch. It has been a process - to coax that child out of the corner or closet or whatever hiding place felt safe for them, and to get them to feel safe enough to tell me the truth.

You exemplified that by your posts, and they were astonishingly wonderful!

Patricia Singleton said...

Dan, thanks. Inner child work hasn't been easy for me but it has been very rewarding to rediscover that part of myself. For most of my life I have been way too serious. My inner child has given me back my laughter and my creativity and my compassion for others who struggle.

Dr. Deb said...

Self-care is important. And tending to our inner child is essential for healing. I so agree with you.

Patricia Singleton said...

Dr. Deb, thank you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing such wonderful thoughts with us

thanks
http://www.sarvmangalinc.com/kawach.html

Patricia Singleton said...

Anonymous, you are very welcome.