Saturday, March 1, 2008

A New Earth

Have you signed up for Oprah's new online class. It isn't too late to reserve your seat. I would do it as soon as possible. There are a few technical things to do on your computer to make sure that you can get the webcast with very simple simple step by step directions. If I can do it, anybody can. There are also a few pre-show time homework items for you to do as well as read the first chapter of the book "A New Earth" written by Eckhart Tolle.

To reserve your seat for this event, you also have to join the Oprah Book Club or her site http://www.oprah.com . This is a world-wide event. I don't think anybody has done anything on this scale before on TV or the internet. It is a first and will possibly have wide spread results. This book can literally change the world by helping us to change our thinking. The first class starts at 8:00 PM C.S.T. in the U. S. on Monday, March 3, 2008 so time is short if you want to participate.

I bought my book from Amazon.com before Oprah decided to include this book in her book club. I have slowly been reading and absorbing a little at a time. That is the way that I like to read my books.

I signed up for this class on Thursday evening after seeing Oprah talk about it on her show.
One of the exercises that you will participate in is to write down 2 of your favorite quotes from the book, one chapter at a time as we go along. My first two quotes are as follows:

1. "An essential part of the awakening is the recognition of the unawakened you, the ego as it thinks, speaks, and acts, as well as the recognition of the collectively conditioned mental processes that perpetuate the unawakened state." (page 7)

I have always said that you can't change what you aren't aware of. You must have awareness as the first step. If you aren't aware, what can you do but continue to do what you have always done?

2. "You do not become good by trying to be good, but by finding the goodness that is already within you, and allowing that goodness to emerge."

The paragraph goes on to say, "But it (goodness) can only emerge if something fundamental changes in your state of consciousness."

As my friend Slade tells me, "Trying" doesn't accomplish anything. It gives you a reason to fail. Trying is an excuse that you give yourself in case you fail. When is the last time that you said, "Well, I tried my best." Slade tells us to "Do rather than try." I think this principle would apply to the above statement quite well.

Basically what the Eckhart Tolle statement above says to me is You don't have to try to good because you already are good at the center of your being. You just have to become aware that you already are good and be good. That sounds so simple but it probably isn't for most of us because we "try" too hard.

Just BE.
Patricia
My creativity comes from the Universe and benefits the Universe through the sharing of my journey.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Patricia, I found out late that I had to read the book BEFORE the class started. I had signed up a couple weeks ago. I am only on page 65, so I will be reading quickly. I do not normally do that.

I am so excited by the pages I've read and can't wait for this to begin. In the past 3 weeks, I've watched The Secret, read Eat, Pray, Love and watched a Netflix movie Ethics and the World Crisis: A Dialogue with the Dalai Lama.

I have to go read! Will be back soon!

Patricia Singleton said...

Debbie, I know information is coming to me in so many forms right now that I can barely keep up with the flow. This class and book could very well change the world. See you in class.

Anonymous said...

Hi Patricia,

I particularly agree about needing to love yourself first and liked what you said about the ego-centered self.

I never knew about the importance of loving myself unconditionally until recently. Once I understood that, my inner healing began!!

Thanks for sharing. I've also stumbled upon your post and am going to poke around your blog for more insights, this being my first visit!

With love and appreciation,
Evelyn

Patricia Singleton said...

Evelyn, thanks for the Stumble. I am glad that my information is of value to you. Feel free to visit or subscribe if you like what you see. Have a glorious day. Patricia

Anonymous said...

Patricia, you are love without doing anything. Much of physical existence evolves to become an exercise in reminding you what you temporarily forgot at soul-level. Learning is a meaningful process tha awakens.

Patricia Singleton said...

Liara, thank you. I like the way that you say things.