Thursday, April 10, 2014

Child Abuse Prevention And Awareness: Spread The Word - Knowledge Is Power Video

On Facebook this past week, I met a new friend and Advocate for children and child abuse prevention. I met her through a wonderful and powerful video that she has done to keep children safe and knowledgeable about people who may want to touch their private places. I am going to share the video link here with you. The video is only 4:56 minutes long. I ask that you please take the time to watch it and then share it with anyone you know who has children. Please don't ever think child sexual abuse cannot happen to your children or to your friends' children or in your family. It can unless we give children the power to say no to someone touching their private places and we give children the power to tell and be believed. This video and its message is so empowering to children. The person whose idea and work went into producing this video is Nancy Goode Talalas. I will also put a link to her website in case you want to read the free ebook that was the inspiration for this video. Please support Ms Talalas and her efforts to keep our children safe.
"Spread the Word - Knowledge is Power"  @
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_6nTot7IhA


In case you are interested in the book that this video was inspired by, here is the link to Nancy Goode Talalas' website.

http://www.goodebooks.org

Sharing this book and video with others is one way that you can stop another child from being sexually abused like I and many other survivors were abused.
Patricia

2 comments:

Darlene Ouimet said...

This is awesome Patricia! I will be spreading the word!!!
hugs, Darlene

Patricia Singleton said...

Darlene, I just had to share the video link. I agree it is awesome.