Friday, March 8, 2013

Butterfly Dreams Talk Radio and Abuse Recovery March Guests

One of the things that has taken up a lot of my time over the past few months, in addition to helping Daniel with his book, Standing on the Edge of Time, has been listening to the radio programs of Butterfly Dreams Talk Radio and Abuse Recovery on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings starting at 7:00 p.m. EST here in the U. S.

Patricia McKnight is the founder of these programs. The topics for some of the past programs have been child abuse, incest, child abductions, domestic violence, and bullying. Trish, as she is called by friends, works well with co-host Michal Madison.

If you are interested in joining me in listening to these programs, here is the link for the list of programs for March:

http://survivorsjustice.com/2013/03/04/fascinating-march-guest-line-up-for-talk-radio-show/

If the timing of the programs doesn't fit your schedule, the programs are archived for later listening. I seem to miss most of the Friday night ones so I usually have to listen to the archive for those programs myself. There is a chat room that is always active with each of these programs. You can sign into the chatroom with your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Monday and Wednesday evening programs are hosted by Trish and Michal. Friday nights programs are hosted by Annie O'Sullivan and Kelly Behr. Some of the programs are information gathered by Trish followed by call-ins from the listeners and others have scheduled guests with lots of information about the topics of interest. I have grown so much because of the sharing of information in these programs which are called "Generation No More" on Monday nights, "Survivor's World" on Wednesday nights and Annie's show on Friday evenings is called "Can You Hear Me Now".

Don't get discouraged because the program sometimes has technical difficulties at the beginning. Wednesday night's program of Survivor's World was like that. I stuck with it and was able to finally connect and the program was one of the best that I have heard. Janet Nestor was the guest talking about her new book on self-care. So many survivors have no clue on how to take care of their bodies or their emotional needs because they weren't taught as a child that those were important to having a good life. I certainly wasn't taught self-care. I was so disconnected from my body and my feelings just to survive the incest. I had to learn how to do the simple things of self-care. Here is the link to Monday evenings program:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/butterflydreamsabuserecovery/2013/03/07/survivors-world-welcomes-Janet-Nestor

On Friday evening, Annie O'Sullivan on "Can You Hear Me Now" is hosting her first HAPPY HOUR call-in program. The question she is asking is, "What makes you a survivor and not a victim?" I hope that you will join the program and call in your answer to the Annie's question. The link for Friday night's program is:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/butterflydreamsabuserecovery/2013/03/09/can-you-hear-me-now-w-annie-osullivan



One more radio program that I stumbled across just this week because of my friend Cyrus Webb is of an interview that he did with a fellow survivor and activist Hank Estrada. Here is the link for that radio interview between Cyrus and Hank:

http://tobtr.com/s/4479447

I hope you will join me in listening to these programs. Some of them do need Trigger Warnings. If the topic is too sensitive for your place of comfort, do what is necessary to take care of you first.
Patricia

No comments: