Friday, February 19, 2010

February 2010 Edition Of The Blog Carnival Against Child Abuse

Issue Knitting is hosting the "February 2010 Edition of the Blog Carnival Against Child Abuse!" on her blog. You will find the link here:

http://issueknittingbee.blogspot.com/2010/02/february-2010-edition-of-blog-carnival.html

This month's issue is on the topic of birthdays. February is Issue Knitting's birthday. For most people birthdays are days of joy and celebration. That is not always so if you are an abuse survivor. I am sure that my mother must have occasionally made me a birthday cake but I don't remember it if she did. Most years we went to my paternal grandparents' house the weekend after my birthday. My birthday is on December 11 and my dad's youngest sister who I have never called Aunt because we are so close in age has her birthday on December 14. I was born 3 days short of her 1st birthday. My grandmother always made a birthday cake for my aunt. I remember my grandmother sharing that cake with me for my birthday too. Having a December birthday means that a lot of my birthdays were cold, cloudy and rainy---dreary days which dampened my enthusiasm a lot of years.

For this month's Blog Carnival I entered the following article about my mother's birthday which is February 12. My mom would be 79 years old if she were alive. Here is the link to the article that I wrote back on Tuesday, February 12, 2008:

http://patriciasingleton.blogspot.com/2008/02/my-mom-silent-parent.html

I hope that you will join me in going to Issue Knitting's link at the beginning of this article. Click on the link and go read the 30 articles that were submitted this month. Thanks Issue Knitting for being the host for February.
Patricia

2 comments:

Nikki (Sarah) said...

birthdays....I don't remember ever celebrating mine either. I'm sure we must have...but that's something I'm going to have to ask my sister. She's become my memory. Take gentle care and I'll go read your post to your mom. Sarah

Patricia Singleton said...

Sarah, thanks for the reminder to be gentle with myself. I recently spent a year learning how to be gentle with myself and others. It is easier to do today.