Sunday, September 6, 2009

Traveling, Family And Adventure

My husband Daniel and I are taking some time off and traveling to Boise, Idaho to visit some family members for a few days. If I get some time, I may post an article while we are gone using my daughter's computer but if you don't hear from me for a few days, I will let you know when we get back home. I haven't deserted my blog. I am just taking a short break to enjoy family and traveling with Daniel.

Traveling with Daniel is an experience all by itself. He loves to see as much as he can possibly squeeze into one day every day that we are on the road. He is an adventure loving Leo who works hard and plays hard. We do marathon driving each day---10 to 16 hours usually. I love driving through Oklahoma when we go out west. They have the greatest gift shops along the way. I have wonderful gifts and tee-shirts that people always ask me where I got them. My usual answer is in Oklahoma. It is a beautiful state with lots of history. We will spend some time exploring Salt Lake City, Utah with our daughter and her family for part of this trip.

We are coming back a different route so that Daniel doesn't get bored with the same scenery. We will come back through Colorado, New Mexico and Texas. There are some cliff dwellings in southwest Colorado that Daniel wants to see. I enjoy those kind of things too. The last time that Daniel was out that way, he wasn't able to see the cliff dwellings because of a wild fire in the area.

Thanks to all of my new subscribers and commenters on this blog. I truly appreciate your reading and participating in the discussions on this blog. I send love and blessings to all of you for your continued input and encouragement.
Thank you.
Patricia

5 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Have a blessed and safe trip dear one. Looking forward to your return....

Patricia Singleton said...

Just Be Real, thank you. We arrived safely in Boise, Idaho around 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday. It was a long 2 1/2 days of driving. We love being able to spend time with our daughter and her family.

Patricia Singleton said...

Colleen, thanks, this weekend is our daughter's 32nd birthday. Sept. 17 is our son-in-law's 32nd birthday. We are taking the whole family out for dinner tomorrow night to celebrate their birthdays.

Marj aka Thriver said...

I hope you are having a safe and wonderful trip. Huh, my son's name is Daniel. And...I live in Colorado and have been to the cliff dwellings you are talking about (I think): Mesa Verde?

Patricia Singleton said...

Marj, we had a wonderful visit with our daughter and her family in Idaho. We visited Salt Lake City with them. We left Salt Lake City on Sunday afternoon and drove to Moab, Utah. On Monday morning, we went to Arches National Park near Moab and went from there to Mesa Verde, New Mexico for Monday afternoon. We got home about 11:30p.m. on Tuesday.

We drove through Denver on our way to Idaho last week. Then we traveled briefly through a small southwest corner of Colorado on our way from Moab to New Mexico. I thought of you both times and wondered how you were.