Lies Incest Perpretrators Tell Their Victims:
1. This is your fault. You are bad, therefore it is ok for me to do this to you. You deserve it.
2. No one will believe you. You are just a kid, no one will believe you over an adult. Your mom doesn't want to know.
3. I love you. The only reason that I am doing this to you is because I love you. You are special to me. We have a special bond between us that you can't share with anyone else. They wouldn't believe you if you told them.
4. Your mother doesn't care. She wouldn't stop this if she knew. She doesn't love me the way that you do. She hates sex. I have to get it somewhere. If you say no, then I will have to cheat on your mother with some other woman. You don't want that to happen do you. It would be your fault if we split up.
5. You don't want to hurt your mother by telling her, do you? This is just our little secret. Besides, she wouldn't believe you. She would be jealous if she knew.
6. You seduced me. It is all your fault.
7. You know you wanted it. If you didn't want it, I wouldn't do it.
8. You don't mean it when you say no. I know you love me and you want it as much as I do.
9. You have to do what I say. I am the adult. What you want isn't important. Do what I say or you will get a beating.
10. What women want doesn't matter. I am a man. I am the important one in this family. What I say goes no matter what. Women are trash to be used for sex when the man wants. That is all you are good for.
These were the lies that I was told as a child by my dad. I don't think they are any different than the lies told to other children from abusive homes. As an adult, I no longer believe these lies. As a child, I didn't know that they were lies made up by my dad to keep me under his rule.