Sunday, July 12, 2009

Blog Link Love

Can you believe that the summer is already half over. Kids go back to school in about six weeks or so depending upon your school system. I am so thankful that my kids are grown and we no longer have to go through that. Daniel is talking about the possibility of flying to Idaho before school starts to visit our daughter, son-in-law and their four kids before they start back to school. I don't envy my daughter trying to get four kids in school.

I have had a quiet week and don't have anything urgent to write about today. I thought I would share some of the blogs that I discovered this week. We have such an amazing amount of writers and knowledge on just about anything you want to look up on the internet these days. It used to be the library that you went to for information. Today it is the worldwide web without having to even leave the comfort of our air conditioned homes.

Here are the blogs that I discovered this week:

The first blog is called Keeping It Real written and hosted by Darren Sproat found at
http://blog.darrensproat.com/ . I read several articles by Darren and his guest authors this week: "Energize your Passion and "Clear Your Limitations" were written by Mr. Sproat. "Healing Tree Grounding Ceremony" and "Spiritual Connection?" were written by a guest author, Frank Dickinson. I liked Darren's site so much that I subscibed to it and look forward to reading more.

The second blog that I ran across this week is called Positively Present written by Dani. The article that I read is "saying no to negativity is as easy as ABC(DE)". I have several negative people in my life, including myself at times. I tend to give in to negativity when I am afraid of circumstances or the people involved. The article gives you ways to deal with negativity when it comes up. The list is called "The ABCDE Disputation Technique (or, 5 Ways to Get Rid of Negativity)". Do yourself a favor and check out the article at the following link:
http://www.positivelypresent.com/2009/07/disputing-negativity-is-as-easy-as-abcde.html .

The third blog for this week is called The Rat Race Trap and is written by Stephen Mills. This blog is a personal development blog that offers some really sound advise. The articles that I read are "Stop Being the Victim" and "Finding Your True Self". You will find Stephen's blog at the following link: http://www.ratracetrap.com/ .

The fourth blog is written by Evelyn Lim and called Attraction Mind Map. Evelyn's blog is about "Attract [ing] Abundance With Your Mind" which is the subtitle of her blog. The article that I read is called "Love The Man In The Mirror." To check out this blog, go to the following site: http://www.attractmindmap.com/love-the-man-in-the-mirror/ .

The fifth and last blog for this article comes from Another Sober Alcoholic. Even though I am not an alcoholic, I learned in Al-Anon and Adult Children of Alcoholics groups that I have some of the characteristics of an alcoholic. I am not an alcoholic only because I choose not to drink. I have too many fears of how I would behave as an alcoholic to ever want to test that alcoholic gene that I carry. You will find this blog at the following link: http://steveroni.blogspot.com . Steve seems to have quite a bit of information to offer through the sharing of his own journey of being a recovering alcoholic.

Happy Reading,
Patricia

13 comments:

Lance said...

Hi Patricia,
I read several of these blogs, and they are excellent. Thanks for highlighting them here, and for introducing me to another new one as well!

Patricia Singleton said...

Lance, I have enjoyed reading each of them this week. Your Sunday article is where I found most of them in your comment section. You have some great people who comment on your blog just as I do on mine.

Patricia Singleton said...

Colleen, you are welcome. I look forward to reading more from each of them.

VICKI IN AZ said...

I appreciate this post so much and look forward to checking out these blogs.
Have a fantastic week.
You are such a Lifter Patricia. May you be lifted also.

Patricia said...

I do enjoy reading several of these blogs and now have a couple of new ones to check in with - thank you for sharing.
I hope you get to see the kiddos this summer and enjoy the visit during the lazy, hazy days of summer

Good ideas and great comments

Patricia Singleton said...

Vicki, thank you. I appreciate your visits and your comments.

Patricia Singleton said...

Patricia, thank you. It looks like we will have the money for the trip if we can just find the time.

The First Domino דומינו said...

Patrica, pardon the awkwardness of my introduction.

Your blog title attracted me first, and then your "complete profile."

I'm here to extend to you an invitation, one I hope you'll accept.

In a few days, we (many good people around the world) are going to join hands, not literally, to usher in a New Day for our planet and the people of the world.

It's called Fire The Grid II. The first was such an amazing event that the buzz lasted for months.

Please take a look and the sponsoring site, and join us with your heart, your soul, and your mind, to help us bring humanity a million degrees closer to the Light.

Namaste

speck of dust said...

Thank you. I have felt very supported reading some of your blog. I am early in my recovery journey I think. Or maybe I'm further on than I think. Anyway, like you, I also find comfort from many different religions and try and read as much as possible.

Patricia Singleton said...

The First Domino, thank you for the invitation. I will check out the Fire The Grid II later today when my visitors go home and I have a break to sit at the computer longer. I did participate in the first one and even wrote an article about it at http://patriciasingleton.blogspot.com/2007/06/fire-the-grid-on-july-17-2007.html .

Patricia Singleton said...

Speck of Dust, thank you for leaving your comment and letting me know that reading my blog helps you. You don't have to do it alone. If you don't have a support system, please build one of people who love you and at least try to understand what you are going through.

Darren Sproat said...

Patricia,
First, I am humbled by your comments about my blog "Keeping it Real". I truly do write from the heart and appreciate the mention more than I could say here.

I am a regular at some of the sites you mentioned and you were able to introduce a few new ones that I will get familiar with over the coming days.

Again, thanks for the wonderful words.
Sincerely,
Darren Sproat

Patricia Singleton said...

Darren, you are very welcome. Most of the blogs that I read are like mine and written from the heart. I think those are the best kind. I learn the most from the sharing of those blog writers. Glad that I found you.