Tag is a game from childhood that I get reminded of each time that I get tagged to do a meme. I always loved tag as a child because it meant that I got to run. Running was always my favorite activity as a child. I always had skinned knees to show for it. That is what happens when you try to run faster than your body can keep up with. Must be what men like about fast cars.
The current meme was passed on to me by CK Reyes one half of the partnership of Divine Purpose Unleashed. The article that CK wrote is called "Now You Too Can Be Tagged By A Blogger's Compulsive Behavior found at http://divinepurposeunleashed.com/now-you-too-can-be-tagged-by-a-bloggers-compulsive-behavior/ .
Here are the rules to the meme:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share 4 things in these themes.
4. Tag 4 random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. (I am tagging anyone who reads this and wants to participate. It is not required. Only do it, if it is fun.)
5. Let each random person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website. (My title is the only notification you are getting if you choose to participate.)
4 Jobs I have had:
1. Lineworker at Big Chain Cafeteria in Shreveport, Louisiana. I was 19 and it was my very first job. I learned so much about myself and about people from that job. Food can make even mild-mannered people greedy and demanding. Who would have guess?
2. Student Employment job at Northwestern State University, Natchitoches, Louisiana as a Teacher's Aide in a Deaf-Oral Class. I did this for 2 semesters when I thought that I wanted to teach Special Education. I had a wonderful boss and a room of 6 deaf children that I helped with.
3. Sales person and Customer Service in 3 different bookstores---one in Bossier City, Louisiana and the other 2 in Hot Springs, Arkansas. I love books and people who read them. I was very good at my job.
4. Parttime helper to my husband in his parking lot striping business for over 20 years. Daniel and I work well together. I still will occasionally work with Daniel.
4 Movies I Can Watch Over & Over:
1. Steel Magnolias---I love Julia Roberts, Sally Field and Shirley Maclaine. This is the only movie that makes me laugh and cry at the same time. It doesn't hurt that the movie took place and was filmed in the town of Natchitoches, Louisiana where Daniel and I went to college.
2. Zurassic Park I & III.
3. Any Harrison Ford movie.
4. Transformers---the action is amazing. It also brings back memories of watching the cartoons with my two kids when they were young.
4 Places I Have Lived:
1. Louisiana---I grew up in the northwest part of the state in Bossier Parish. That is near Shreveport, the second largest city in Louisiana. My hometown of Plain Dealing is very small.
2. Asheville, North Carolina---One of my favorite places in the United States. Our son was born there. We lived there for 3 years in the middle 1970's. The Blue Ridge Parkway near there is absolutely gorgeous every season of the year.
3. Northeast Texas---We moved to Tyler, Texas when our daughter was 15 days old. We lived there 3 years and moved to Henderson, Texas where our son started to kindergarten.
4. Hot Springs, Arkansas---My family and I have lived in Hot Springs almost 20 years. Hot Springs is located in the Bible Belt of the South and also has a metaphysical community because of the crystals located under the ground. I came to Hot Springs to figure out who I was. Hot Springs is a tourist town because of the crystal mines located nearby and because of Oaklawn Horse Racing Track. I still haven't been to the horse races.
4 TV Shows That I Love:
1. Star Trek---TV show and movies. I am a Trekkie.
3. Ghost Whisperer
4. Saving Grace
4 Places I Have Been On Holiday:
1. Idaho---Our daughter and her family lives there.
2. Colorado---My husband and I both love the mountains plus our son lived in Denver for awhile.
3. India on 3 spiritual retreats to Sai Baba's ashrams.
4. A cruise to Mexico
4 Of My Favorite Dishes:
4. Indian food
4 Websites That I Visit Frequently: (It was really hard to just pick 4. I read so many.)
1. Shift Your Spirits found at http://sladeroberson.com/ .
2. Empowered Soul found at http://www.empoweredsoul.com/ .
3. Plain Talk Ordinary Wisdom found at http://plain-talk-ordinary-wisdom.blogspot.com/ .
4. Adversity University found at http://www.adversityuniversity.com/ .
4 Places I Would Rather Be Right Now:
There is no place that I would rather be than where I am right now.
4 Bloggers I Am Tagging:
I am not tagging anyone specifically. If you would like to be tagged to do this meme then go ahead. Have fun with it.
Thanks to CK for tagging me. I used the meme as an opportunity to share more of my life with my readers.