Sunday, December 6, 2009

Help Getting Through The Holidays

I have two lists that I want to share with you in case you are a survivor who has trouble remaining sane as you struggle with getting through the holiday season. The first comes from Colleen whose blog Surviving By Grace is one of my favorite survivor blogs. You will find the list "How to Help A Survivor of Child Sexual Abuse" at the following link:

http://thethirdfloorwindow.blogspot.com/2009/10/how-to-help-survivor-of-child-sexual.html

Stay and spend some time reading some of Colleen's other articles about her courageous journey through breaking her silence about child sexual abuse. You might also be interested in reading the article that I wrote about Colleen's book "The Third Floor Window" and then buying her book to read for yourself. The link for my article is at the following:

http://patriciasingleton.blogspot.com/2009/09/out-of-my-comfort-zone-third-floor.html

You can order Colleen's book through her blog or through Amazon.com. I felt like Colleen was telling my story.


The second list that I want to guide you to comes from Grace Davis and her blog which she calls State of Grace. Grace's list is called "An Adult Child Abuse Survivor's Guide to the Holidays". The list starts with a very important suggestion of "DO NOT ABANDON YOURSELF." You will find the rest of the list at the following link:

http://gracedavis.typepad.com/i_am_dr_lauras_worst_nigh/2009/11/a-child-abuse-survivors-guide-to-the-holidays.html

Be sure to read the comment section too. You will find more additions to the original list in the comment section. Join me in checking out the rest of Grace's blog while you are there.


I appreciate the support of these ladies and their lists. Their suggestions can make for an easier, more joy-filled holiday. Thanks.
Patricia

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Patricia,

Thank you so very much for your support and for publishing the link to my blog entry.

Have a blessed and peaceful holiday!

Warmly,
Grace

Patricia Singleton said...

Grace, you are welcome. Thank you for posting your list. It is a great list for surviving the holidays with family.

Patricia Singleton said...

Colleen, you are very welcome. Thanks for being a blessing in my life.

Marj aka Thriver said...

Thanks for these links. Both are excellent. Grace's blog was new to me and I was quite impressed!

Come to my blog and pick up a little holiday greeting when you get a chance. I hope the season blesses you with its spirit.

Patricia Singleton said...

Marj, Thanks for the holiday greeting on your blog. Blessings to you too. Grace's blog is relatively new to me as well.

Marj aka Thriver said...

Hi, again Patricia. With the holidays being such a crazy time, I was tempted to skip the December Blog Carnival Against Child Abuse. But, then you gave me a great idea! I'm going to host my own little "min carnival" specifically about Holiday Survival Tips for Survivors at my own blog tomorrow.

I plan to link to this post in that mini carnival, unless you have any objections. Since this is such a last-minute idea, I'm skipping the blog carnival submission form and just collecting the permalinks myself. If you'd rather not be included, make sure you comment at my blog or e-mail me ASAP. As a reminder, my e-mail is Thriver@Survivorscanthrive.com.

I hope you are doing well this holiday season. I'm continuing to send you those blessings, my friend.

Patricia Singleton said...

Marj, you have my permission. I look forward to checking out your mini Carnival.